Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Intervention Plans.

How might self-efficacy and self-regulation contribute to the intervention plans you use in your case study?

Self-efficacy and self-regulation are going to contribute greatly to the intervention plans I plan on using within my case study.  As you are probably familiar, Willard, who continually wanders around and out of the classroom and continually asks questions; is who I will be basing my thoughts off of.  

In terms of self-efficacy I think this will be a continual skill that we work on with Willard.  As I stated in one of my earlier posts, I will have a contingency contract with him stating the behaviors we both agree he should work on.  I believe that within this contract I should praise him when choosing to demonstrate these behaviors to promote and reinforce his self-efficacy.  I want Willard to have a high sense of self-efficacy and I know that I can show him this through exuding confidence in him, and explaining to him how we can both work on his strengths and weaknesses.  There were many examples from the presentation in class about self-efficacy, but I found one of pintrest (of course!) here.  Also, as I was reading that post, the overall blog is a great resource for teachers and focuses mainly on math, but there are many different mixes of subjects thrown in! I enjoyed looking at it, you can go to the main blog home here.  

Self-regulation would intertwine with this process because if I am expecting to help Willard in his sense of self-efficacy, I also want to help him with his self-regulation.  I think the process of modeling is a great way to show him this.  To help Willard's self-regulation, I feel it would benefit him to continually go over his goals (our contingency contract) on a weekly basis, and keep track of his process.  Obviously, I would want Willard to explain how he feels the progress is going, and promote the confidence he needs to start setting goals for himself.  I think this would be a somewhat long process, but it would be one to help greatly when he starts to "get the hang of it".  

Again, off to pinterest to find some interesting things, and this looked really neat to me.  Not only that, but you can download a program to make your own!
The last resource I'm going to put is another blog, however this is about a book you can use to promote self-regulation without the children knowing that's what you're doing!  It's a great blog of an Art Teacher/Mother of two who wrote this book!  You can go here.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment